Where The Mind Goes, Energy Follows

Thursday, September 17, 2009

KING OF MARBLES GAME 2009

This is non-existent trophy, it is only my imaginary prize that is given to the winner of a game of marbles. I created the imitation medal yesterday when bit by bit from the deepest part of my memory I remembered things I did when I was a kiddie. As a kid I used to play a lot of games with my friends. Let me remind you that I was the children of sixties thus among old-time children games existed that keep me busy and moving were guli ( game of marbles), Tarik Upih and Kite Flying. These are male game of course. Now, going back to the subject of playing marble. Game of marble is a youngster's game for two or more. Your main tool is a set of marbles, a small round ball usually transparent and colorful. One set of the marble is place at the center which is in the form of square or circle, normally a stick is used to draw the square or circle on the dirt. The number of marble you put at the center may differ from 2 to even more, relying on the agreement of the team. Each player has his/her own shooter marble to hit the set. The first player starts the game by shooting at the set and keep on shooting until he/she goes wide of hitting any of the marbles from the set. Then in rotation each player takes turn to hit it. Gather any marbles that you have knocked out from the ring. Continue shooting until the set in the circle or square is vacant. Count your marbles at the end of the game. You are the winner if you have the most marbles. :)